A Honolulu Backyard BRICK Oven
Building & Baking Adventure


Current Construction Progress: Final Layer of Insulation Done. Initial Firing!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pacific Refractories LLC

As mentioned in the first post, getting any sort of fire-rated material is a challenge. Luckily I found this place here in Honolulu (Kalihi):


Bill (older fella, like around 70) is the warehouse/delivery person. Nice guy. Gloria is the office sales person (at another location). Look, I found FIREBRICKS inside:

Alas, at $5.75 per, I won't be biting. I did however pickup Insulating Cement and also high temperature grouting cement:




I also looked at the Mizzou CASTING Cement which is used for creating your very own firebrick grade material that you form into however you want. I'll keep this product in mind as I may use some to finish my oven's dome.

From Pacific Refractories:
Insulating Cement, 2 each @$53.77
Sairset High Temp Mortar 55# Pail @$51.1

Total with Hawaii tax: $161.10 so adding to the running total, see above.

No comments:

Post a Comment